The feeling of failure is never a pleasant one. However, much can be gleaned from our failures if we are willing to learn from them.
- Failure teaches you to be resilient. Okay, you failed but the sky didn’t fall. Get up and try again.
- Failure teaches what you don’t want. Thought you wanted the bad boy and it turned out crappy again? Don’t go for the bad boy.
- Failure teaches you to work harder for what you want. If you really want something, it’s not going to be handed to you. You have to put in the work.
- Failure teaches you to be kind. Everyone is fighting a battle on some front, be gentle with them.
- Failure teaches you to learn. No point in re-inventing the wheel – feel free to learn from someone else’s mistakes.
- Failure teaches you to where to start. You don’t always have to start at zero, although sometimes it’s helpful.
- Failure teaches you economy. It’s more important to be effective than to do a lot of needless work.