When you’ve been cheated on, it’s easy to think that your man was stolen. The truth is, a man cannot be stolen – he’s an adult capable of making his own decisions. What was stolen was your self-worth and it was collateral damage.
How can you rebound from this?
- Step back from the situation and look at it critically.
- Acknowledge and own your part in what happened.
- Talk things over with a counselor or trusted, non-judgmental friend.
- Keep a journal.
- Work out your anger at the gym.
- Present yourself well (dress, hair, make-up, etc.).
- Focus on your strengths.
- Set goals with the specific intent of giving yourself successes to build on.
- Expect set-backs and develop a Plan B to handle them.
- Life is not a dress-rehearsal, make sure you’re truly living.