At some point, if you’re sleeping over at his place, you’re going to forget something at yours and you’ll have the bright idea, “I should just leave some stuff here.” I highly recommend talking to him before you start randomly leaving stuff at his place. He might pro-actively suggest giving you a drawer for toiletries and panties but more-than-likely you’re going to have to inquire.
If he does make the offer of his own accord, ask where you should be setting up shop.
On the other hand, if he doesn’t….broach this subject delicately and if you sense hesitation, don’t push. It may be that you need to reflect on the status and direction of your relationship – you may find that you’re at two different points in the relationship. If he does say yes, ask for a specific geographical location (like a drawer) so that you know how much stuff he’s comfortable with you leaving there. Don’t be surprised if he doesn’t offer half his closet – you’re not paying the rent.
- Plan to leave half your possessions at his place.
- Spread out beyond the authorized zone.
- Attempt to redecorate his space (you’re leaving toiletries, not your nan’s crocheted doilies).
- Leave anything at his place you can’t afford to lose.
- Buy new toiletries for his place. Duplicate what you already have at your place.
- Buy a toiletries bag and keep your stuff in it. Bring it back and forth to the bathroom when you’re there.
- Keep a weekend supply of bras/panties, a nightgown (particularly if he has a roommate), and a change of clothes.