Spending the night is fraught with potential missteps that you’ll want to avoid if you’re hoping to be invited back. All the things your mother told you about being a good guest hold true for sleepovers with the opposite sex. You are being judged by how your handle yourself – be impressive in more than just the bedroom.
- Do not show up empty-handed. I suggest bringing condoms.
- Offer to help out. Bring your dishes to the sink, make the bed in the morning.
- This isn’t your home. Clean up after yourself.
- Leave nothing behind – not a toothbrush, not a pair of panties in the couch.
- Do not overstay your welcome. Leave him wanting more.
- A thank you note is not necessary but a follow up text message is nice (G-rated please, you don’t want to embarrass either of you).
- Remember that he hasn’t suddenly become your property, no getting possessive or obsessive.