Until now I’ve encouraged you to hold off on sex until the relationship has been established or to take a lover while you’re shopping for a boyfriend. Now I’m going to encourage you to shake the cobwebs off the old girl but with some rules:
- Sex has to be premeditated. You have to do it intentionally and with forethought. No “it just happened.” Shave your legs, bring a condom, and be a big girl.
- If he’s not your boyfriend, don’t act like he is. Don’t stay the night. Don’t expect to cuddle. Don’t get attached.
- If it’s a new relationship, know what you’re getting yourself into. Know what it means to you, know what it means to him. Make a smart decision.
- Communicate what you like and what you don’t like. You are responsible for teaching him how to satisfy you sexually. He’s not a mind-reader – let him know how he’s doing (score card not needed).
- Do nothing you’re not comfortable with. Waking up with regrets sucks. You can add something later but you can’t un-ring a bell.